Monday, November 17, 2008

Theologian Paul Tillich Described existential anxiety as "the state in which a being is aware of its possible nonbeing" He listed three categories of nonbeing and resulting anxiety: ontic (fate and death), moral (guilt and condemnation), and spiritual (emptiness and meaninglessness).

The latter is the fear that I feel cripping up on me sometimes when is sit still for a moment draw myself back from the whirlwind of my life. Which is why I'm here I hope to capture some of the spirit and raw emotion I felt only a few years ago when I believed myself to be a fabulous teenage writing, who would open the eyes and hearts of million and save the universe.

Although my goals may not be quite so extraordinary now, I do wish to rid myself of long residing writers block and along with it chase away my looming existential anxiety. And it's why I am here. I have always consider myself to be a bit of a ludite but perhaps a blog is just what I need to inspire myself to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment